The U3A Trust is running two summer schools this year. The first will run from Monday 23rd to Thursday 26th July at Harper Adams University, Newport, Shropshire. The second will run from Tuesday 11th to Friday 14th September at Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester.
The full programme covers 19 courses including:
- Cryptic Crosswords
- Art Between the Wars
- Writing a TV Soap
Click here for more details including programme details, costs and booking arrangements.
The South East U3A Forum is running a summer school in Chichester from Monday 18th June to Thursday 21st June.
- Bridge Refresher Course
- Culture & Rituals
- Mah Jong
- The Joy of Maths
- Jazz – The Sound of Surprise
- Pagham, Parham and a Palace
- Discovering Techniques in Water Colour Painting (subject to cancellation)
- Portrayal of People, Events & Nature
- Ukulele Tutor
- Writing Your Life Story
Click here for more details.
Click here to see the programme for the 2017 U3A summer schools.
The courses available are extremely varied:
- Cryptic crosswords for beginners
- Regards sur la France actuelle
- History of the workhouse
- Elizabeth Gaskell
- Look back in anger? School maths from an adult perspective
- Recorder ensemble playing
- Sexuality in the ancient world
- Creative writing - erotic genre
- Key influences on English Garden Design
- Latin in context
- Dickens and Great Expectations
- Music before the microchip
- Exploring English poetry
- Boys Will be Girls [and vice versa]…cross-gender casting in Shakespeare’s plays
- Singing for pleasure
- La Belle Epoque France 1890-1914
- Creative writing for radio
- Drama - from ‘The Living Room’ to ‘The Room’
- Exploring English
- Law and Order in Anglo-Saxon England
- Roots of popular music
- Opera of the ‘Early Romantic’ period
- Intermediate-advanced Spanish
- The Russian revolutions a hundred years on
Click here for more detail including costs and booking.