In this update:
- Find out about the Red Arrows
- Birds and Wildlife group
- Have you renewed your subscription yet?
- No meeting in December
- How to: Find out about our groups
Find out about the Red Arrows
At our monthly meeting next Thursday you will hear how the Red Arrows team selects and trains its pilots. If you've ever wondered how anyone gets to be able to fly multi-million pound aircraft performing high speed, close formation aerobatics here's your chance to find out. Click here for more information.
Birds and Wildlife group
There's a lot of interest in setting up a new group. Click here to see some initial ideas. I'm interested to hear your views on how we might organise the group.
To kick things off we will have a short meeting after the main, monthly meeting on Thursday. You're welcome to attend.
Have you renewed your subscription yet?
Subscriptions were due on 1st September. We will shortly remove members that have not renewed from our membership lists. If you have yet to renew, please make your payment as soon as possible. You can do that at the monthly meeting. Otherwise, you have two methods:
- Send a cheque for £15 made out to "Hayling Island U3A" to
8 Dundonald Close
- Email Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask him for a reference number and account details so you can transfer £15 directly to our bank account.
No meeting in December
As usual, we'll be taking a break in December. Our next monthly meeting is on Thursday, 19th January.
How to: Find out about our groups
I've had a suggestion that I use this email as an opportunity to let you know about features of the web site you might not know about...
You'll see a list of menu options immediately below the blue heading on any of our pages. Click or tap 'Groups' to see the various ways to list our groups:
- Open groups - lists all the groups that are currently accepting new members or which allow any member to turn up on the day.
- Groups by activity - lists all our main activities; for example: History, Reading and Art. Click any activity to see the relevant groups. Some groups appear under multiple headings.
- All groups - a simple, alphabetic listing.
You can click the ''More' link to the right of any group so see the group's page which gives you more information and allows you to contact the group leader(s) via the web site. You can see also details of forthcoming meetings, news and articles raised by the group.
If you log in to the site, you will also see an option to list 'Your groups'. This shows all the groups you belong to and provides an easy way to see their group page. If a group is missing from the 'Your groups' page, let the group leader know - they can add you to the membership list. Group leaders: click here to learn how to do that.
This and other web site features are described in the online web site walkthrough.
We send this email on the week-end before each monthly meeting. If you have something you'd like to include please let me know.
Web site editor, Hayling Island U3A