In this update:
- Annual General Meeting
- Subscription reminder
- Potential new German group
- Science & Technology update
- U3A Trust events in October
Annual General Meeting
Next Thursday, 20th September at 2pm is our AGM. It will also be an opportunity to find out more about what our groups are getting up to. The agenda for the formal part of the meeting is:
- Approval of minutes of the last AGM (click here to see them)
- Matters arising
- Chairman's report
- Treasurer's report and approval of accounts
- Approval of constitution (click here to see the new version)
- Election of new officers
- Any other business
Several members of the Committee are standing down this year so we are urgently seeking nominations to serve for the next two years. The work is not arduous but is essential to the continuation of our very successful organisation that provides so many opportunities to learn and participate in activities with over 500 other members. So please consider putting yourself forward by contacting the Chairman in time for the AGM.
'Annual' subscriptions are now due. If you have not already paid, please make arrangements now. It can take a lot of time and effort to chase people who haven't paid so please help us out. You have several options:
- You can pay by cheque (made out to Hayling Island U3A) or cash at the AGM
- If you can’t make the AGM, or if you prefer to pay by bank transfer, click here to use our new online renewal service
- If you want to renew by post, you will find a paper renewal form here or in the Summer newsletter.
The subscription fee is £20 which - because we are changing when our new year starts - gives you membership all the way to March 2020! Associate membership (for people who are full members of other U3As) is £15.
Potential new German group
Eve Osborne writes:
Would anyone be interested in joining a fun German group? I have a lifelong knowledge of German but am no expert. It would be fun to use it in a modern way, without referring to deep German literature or heavy current affairs. Maybe others, like me, don't use it very often but would like to have conversation to improve their knowledge.
If you are interested, please contact Eve.
Science & Technology update
There will be a Science and Technology meeting on 26th September in St Patrick's Church Hall at 2.30 pm. Instead of the usual talk, there will be a discussion on "Electric Cars and Driverless Cars".
U3A Trust events in October
There are three events in October. Click any heading for more details:
- Unravelling the Whitworth - Thursday 4th October
- Music, art and history - Tuesday 9th October
- U3A explores science at the Ri - Monday 15th October
We send this email on the week-end before each monthly meeting. If you have something you'd like to include please let me know.
Web site editor, Hayling Island U3A