September 2016 ride

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

Weather’s currently looking good for September 6th.

I think we ought to make an effort to use the ferry. I’ve three possibilities in mind:

1. A reverse of July’s round Portsmouth ride. Having crossed the ferry we’d go along the sea front to Portsmouth stopping off for elevenses on the way, then up the cycle way to the west of Portsea, across the Hilsea lines and back to Hayling either via Farlington or down Eastern Road to catch the ferry.
      2. A shorter trip across to Portsmouth with an elevenses stop in Old Portsmouth and then retrace our steps back to the ferry.
      3. A trip across the Hayling and Gosport ferries to the Bayside Cabin at the west end of Stokes Bay.

The first ferry after 10am leaves at 10:40 so we could:

1. Meet at the usual time and do a loop round Eastoke
      2. Meet a little later, or
      3. Leave at the usual time and hang around at the ferry.

Thoughts? Alternate suggestions?

Andy

Replies to this topic appear here...

Maggi Bridgman
      Participant

Thanks, Andy. I prefer option 3 for a change, including 2 ferries. I would also suggest that Mike and I meet you at the Eastney end of the Hayling ferry at 10.43. We have happily supported the Hayling ferry several times since it re-started.

Ann Kent
        Participant

Thanks Andy, I have something to do earlier that morning so it would suit me to meet at the ferry in time to catch the 10.40 crossing.
        Ann

Mike Bridgman
      Participant

Is option 3 agreed then …catching the 10.40 ferry to Southsea …then on to Gosport…?

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

We’ll meet at the ferry 10.40 on the Hayling side or a few minutes later on the Portsmouth side.

As things stand, the only preferences stated have been for Stokes Bay. So we’ll head off in that direction and review when we get to Portsmouth.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘September 2016 ride’ is closed to new replies.