June 2019 ride

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I suggest a ride out to the Bayside Cabin, Stokes Bay using the Hayling and Gosport Ferries on 4th June.

If that’s OK, I suggest we meet at the Hayling Ferry to catch the 9.45 sailing (the next one is 10.45) – or meet it at the other side.

Let me know what you think below.

Also, I had assumed I wouldn’t be able to lead the July ride because of the usual conflict with the Hayling Cycle Ride. Turns out that, because our ride takes place early in the month, I’ll be able to do both.

Replies to this topic appear here...

Maggi Bridgman
      Participant

I aim to join you for the June ride. I’ll meet you at the Hayling ferry on the Portsmouth side at about 9.55. Maggi

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

Brian has reminded me that we’ll need to be aware of the D-Day preparations at Southsea.

I plan to come back up the west side of Portsea and across Hilsea Lines – so that won’t be an issue.

Peter will be checking the situation on Saturday and I’m sure Mike and Maggi will be keeping a close eye on what’s happening.

I plan to have some routes up my sleeve in case we need to get round the D-Day site.

Andy

Andy Henderson
        Keymaster

I just found this web site which says of the ‘Hard road closures’: “The roads will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists”.

So it looks like we’ll be able to get through.

Andy

Carol Carter
      Participant

Hi Andy

We shall be there. See you at the ferry.

Best wishes

Carol & Gil

Christine Roberts
      Participant

Hi Andy,

Unable to join ride this month.I am going to Norfolk for a few days.Enjoy yourselves…

Best Wishes

Chris Roberts

Hi Andy,

I`d like to join you on Tuesday. I will meet the ferry and Maggi on the Eastney side.

Martine

Peter Haskell
      Participant

See you at the ferry

Peter

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘June 2019 ride’ is closed to new replies.