January 2017 ride

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

Given the forecast temperature for January 3rd is only just above freezing, I propose we defer the ride to January 10th and hope for an improvement.

What about a ride into Portsmouth? I suggest a ferry ride across to Portsea, cycle into old Portsmouth and back across the ferry or (for those that prefer a longer ride) up Eastern Road and across Farlington Marshes.

As I write this the ferry has announced a new winter timetable, but not published it. We’ll need to check the new times are suitable.

Replies to this topic appear here...

Christine Roberts
      Participant

Hi Andy,

Not able to join in the Cycle Ride for January 10/01/17.I am away for February.Hope to join in the March cycle.

Apologies & thank you for arranging all of these, much appreciated.

Chris Roberts

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather forecast but it keeps changing. Currently looks like a cold start with a possibility of some rain (and sun) around lunchtime.

I suggest a short trip out to Portsmouth and back, taking the 10:30 ferry out. Ferries back are on the hour so we’ll need to be aware of the time to avoid a long wait.

Andy

Robert Hornby
      Participant

Hi Andy,

CU at HIADS @ 10am for the start to the Ferry. Watch out for the Aqua Taxis they nearly took me out the the last time I went to that mad island Portsea!!

cheers

Bob

Maggi Bridgman
        Participant

We manage to survive in Portsmouth, Bob! There are lots of safe cycle ways. Looking forward to the ride.
        Maggi

Ann Kent
      Participant

Happy new year to all, I won’t be able to make it tomorrow, have a good , hope to see you in February

Ann

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘January 2017 ride’ is closed to new replies.