February 2018 ride

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather. It looks like we’re in for a cold spell after a fair amount of rain which could mean ice. The forecast temperature (as I type this) for Tuesday at 10 is just 1 degree!

So, it looks like we might have to postpone. Given the conditions lately, I was considering a relatively short ride to the Deck but I see they’re closed for expansion. So how about the Greenhouse or Costa in Emsworth instead?

Unless the forecast improves I’ll send an email tomorrow postponing to Tuesday 13th.

Replies to this topic appear here...

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

The weather forecast is the same so I suggest we postpone to the 13th.

Derek Russell
      Participant

Good decision with the forecast as it is.  I also have a slight bias – I was going to have a fairly tight deadline at the end of the ride.  Let’s hope for decent weather in a week’s time.

Mike Bridgman
      Participant

Thanks Andy

Yes, a move to next week will be safer, and maybe a little warmer!

Past Member
      Participant

Weather not looking the best for tomorrow. Sorry won’t be able to do 13th due to visitors. Have a good ride anyhow. Maybe March.

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’m afraid the weather looks like letting us down again. Tomorrow’s forecast is for a high probability of rain combined with strong winds.

If people want to go out tomorrow that’s fine, let me know. Otherwise I have to suggest another postponement (shame we aren’t going out today!)

I’m afraid I can’t do next week (we’ve got daughter and granddaughter visiting). The forecast for Friday 16th looks reasonable. Any takers?

Andy

Hi Andy,

I could normally do Friday however we`re up in Winchester that day.

I am sending my apologies for this one. Have a good half term with the family.

Martine

Maggi Bridgman
      Participant

Hi, Andy et al

I agree that tomorrow’s weather doesn’t look good. Mike and Ican do Friday the 16th but we go to Mass at 10 and leave at 10.30 so we could meet the group somewhere.

Anthony George
      Participant

Friday should be ok for me.  Shame we can’t ‘capture’ today and carry it over!

Derek Russell
      Participant

Friday is fine for me.

Carol Carter
      Participant

Hi, Agree that tomorrow not suitable and regretfully we cannot do Friday. Have a good ride. See you next month Gil & Carol

Christine Roberts
      Participant

Hi Andy,

Friday 16 is fine with me

Chris R

Past Member
      Participant

Should be OK for Fri if weather more favourable, though will have to dust saddle, de-cobweb handlebars and oil knee-caps. Steve G

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘February 2018 ride’ is closed to new replies.