August 2022 ride

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

Margaret’s had a fall. It was just onto the floor in our hall but the result was a hip fracture. She’s currently in QA having had a partial hip replacement.

So, somewhat selfishly, I’d like to combine the ride with an afternoon visit.

How about a ride to the Old Forge tea room in Hambledon? I don’t think we’ve been there before, but it’s a regular PCTC easy ride destination. It was previously called ‘Lotts’.

There are some lumps in the way, but nothing dreadful.

My plan would be to return via the old A3 up to the top of Portsdown hill. I’d split off there to go to QA.

The easiest route back to Hayling from there is along Portsdown Hill and on to Havant through Bedhampton (but there’s currently a lot of congestion at the roundabout at the foot of the hill). A nicer option is to drop down the south side of Portsdown hill through Cosham and on to the Farlington Marshes cycle path. There are also a couple of options that avoid Portsdown Hill altogether.

Any takers?

Replies to this topic appear here...

Peter Haskell
      Participant

Hi Andy

I’m sorry to hear about Margaret,  had heard through the grapevine.  I hope she is improving.

An excellent idea about the ride. I’m sure we can manage from Portsdown Hill

Peter

Hi Andy,

I was sorry to hear about Margaret. I hope that she makes a good recovery.

You`re not expecting her home any time soon by the sound of it?

i would like to join you on the ride to Hambledon on Tuesday. I will meet you at The Spring

Martine

Mike Bridgman
      Participant

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear Margaret had a fall and hope her operation was a success and she’s not in too much pain.

We will not be with you on this occasion as we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary, but hope you have an enjoyable ride.

Hope to be with you again next month.

Mike & Maggi

Robert Hornby
      Participant

Hi Andy,

thank you for leading the ride on Tuesday even though Margaret is in QA.  I trust that she is getting better and soon to be back home.

count me in, but the lumps from my calculations could be a little bigger!!

cheers

Bob

PS. Will that be 10am at HIADs?

Charles Taylor
      Participant

Hi Andy

Many thanks for providing the opportunity to cycle together. I trust by now now that things are looking up for your good lady.

See you at the usual start point.

Charles

Peter Walmsley
      Participant

Yes please see you 10:00 HIADS

David Dodgson
      Participant

Hi Andy,

I hope Margaret is making good progress.

I hope to be there tomorrow but have been suffering from old neck injury so if for any reason I am not there please do not wait and start without me.

David

Ann Kent
      Participant

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear about Margaret’s accident, I hope she is recovering well.

I am not able to join you tomorrow, hope you have a good ride.

Ann

David Dodgson
      Participant

Hi Andy,

Despite my hope to make the ride my neck is playing up this morning so will not be there. Have a good ride.

David

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’m pleased to say Margaret’s a lot better this afternoon.

Peter Haskell
      Participant

Much better news indeed. Best wishes to her

Peter

Mike Bridgman
      Participant

Glad to hear Margaret’s on the mend. Hope she has a full recovery soon.

Best wishes

Mike & Maggi

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The topic ‘August 2022 ride’ is closed to new replies.