August 2017 ride

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’ve left this post until later than normal because the weather has been so unreliable lately. Currently, it’s looking dry and warm for Tuesday so I’d like to suggest a trip out to Stokes Bay.

The Hayling ferry will be back in action and running its summer timetable. I suggest we meet at the ferry in time to catch the 10.00 sailing. We’ll then cycle along the seafront to the Gosport ferry (bikes go free at the moment). Those who would like a shorter ride could stop in Southsea or Portsmouth for a coffee then work their way back. The rest of us will then use the Gosport cycle lanes and shared footpaths to go to the Bayside Cabin next to the Diving museum.

We’ll also get a view of the US aircraft carrier parked in the bay.

It’s a flat ride all the way.

Replies to this topic appear here...

Maggi Bridgman
      Participant

That looks like a good ride, Andy, and it’s great that the ferry is running again but sadly Mike and I won’t be able to make it. We have to go to a funeral.

I will meet the 10.00am ferry on the Eastney side for the ride to Stokes Bay.

Derek Russell
      Participant

It seems like a good ride, so long as the wind behaves and doesn’t blow against us in both directions.  See you at the ferry, and hopefully I will get there in time.

Derek Russell

Christine Roberts
      Participant

Hi Andy,

sorry for late reply-just returned from a long Weekend in Wiltshire…

See you all @ferry 9.50.a.m.

Chris R

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘August 2017 ride’ is closed to new replies.