April 2021 ride

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’ve posted a risk analysis for our rides here to meet the U3A Trust’s requirements.

You, will, of course, have to consider your own risks associated with COVID before joining a ride. In particular, you should not join if you have, or suspect you might have, COVID symptoms. Please let me know if you have symptoms post-ride so I can alert other riders.

So, having said all that, I’m pleased we can restart riding subject to the rule of six.

The forecast for next Tuesday is currently dry, but cold – which could be worse. I propose we ride out to Stokes Bay with a stop near the Diving Museum. The toilets there are open and there are plenty of benches along the sea front. The Bayside Cabin is open for take-aways, but I’ll be self-catering.

To help with splitting the ride if we are over-subscribed please let me know whether you can make: 6th April, 13th April, or both. I propose we meet at the Hayling Ferry in time to catch the 10.35 sailing. Please bring a card for ferry payments.

Replies to this topic appear here...

Peter Haskell
      Participant

Hi Andy

I can only make the 6th

Many thanks

Peter

Carol Carter
      Participant

Hi Andy

Gil can only do 13th. I can do both dates. So can Gil  and I join you on 13th. If you don’t have 6 people on the 6th, I would like to join you on that day too but only if you have a space when everyone else has booked.

Best wishes
      carol

David Dodgson
      Participant

Hi Andy,

Please count me in.I can do either  6th or 13th.

kind regards

David

Hi Andy,

We can both do the 6th as long as we`re back for lunch time.

Martine and Phil

Peter Walmsley
      Participant

Can do either date – would like both if possible- working to get my new knee back online!!

Peter Walmsley

Derek Russell
      Participant

Andy.  I cannot do 13th April – I have a medical appointment.

I would like to get back into regular rides, so would like to do the ride on 6th April.

Derek Russell

Mike Bridgman
      Participant

Andy

All being well we can both do the 13th

Mike & Maggi

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

Well that seems to work remarkably well – I must have got something wrong.

If we split like this:

6th April:

• Peter H
      • Martine
      • Phil
      • Derek

13th April:

• Gil
      • Carol
      • Mike
      • Maggi

Peter W and David can do either date so we can make up five plus me for each date! I’ll ask if they have a preference.

Andy

Ann Kent
      Participant

Hi Andy , I would prefer the 13th if there is a place available please.

regards Ann

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

Peter Haskell has agreed to come with me on a Portsmouth CTC ride to Stokes Bay, so we’re back to two rides of six:

6th April:

• Peter W
      • Martine
      • Phil
      • Derek
      • David

13th April:

• Gil
      • Carol
      • Mike
      • Maggi
      • Ann
      Ann Kent
      Participant

Sorry I misread the earlier post and thought there was an a space available. Thank you Peter Haskell for doing the CTC ride instead thereby making a space on the 13th April.

Ann

Peter Walmsley
      Participant

Just seen  see you on 6th

We will see you at the Eastney side when the 10.35 Ferry arrives.

Mike Bridgman
      Participant

Maggi had an operation on her eye last Wednesday that wasn’t successful. Treatment is ongoing so we’re afraid we won’t be able to join you on Tuesday.

Mike

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘April 2021 ride’ is closed to new replies.