April 2020 ride

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Topic starter
      Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

For reasons that, hopefully, you all understand we will not be cycling as a group for the time being.

We are, however, allowed to cycle as exercise. The Government guidance has not put a time limit on this, but urges us to keep it to a minimum. I’m told by a registered nurse who is also a long distance cyclist that “The general accepted level of exercise for healthy living is 30 minutes a day” and that’s what he’s using as a guideline. Unfortunately, now that the Ferry is not running, that doesn’t provide a lot of scope for rides from South Hayling! It might be possible to combine a ride with another essential trip – e.g. a visit to Tesco’s.

Let me know if I can help you with planning a route.

Andy

Replies to this topic appear here...

We also heard advice on the television from a government official that we could cycle for about an hour as long as social distancing was respected. It is hardly worth getting the bike out for half an hour and being on an island like you, albeit Portsea island, we would be limited in where we could get to. At least by going out for slightly longer we can cycle to Portsdown Hill and back. This also offers a greater variety of routes, different side roads to explore etc.

Regards

Martine

Andy Henderson
      Keymaster

I’m sticking with the official gov.uk web site and – in particular – Public Health England, an organisation I know something about. There’s a lot of disinformation around. For the time being there’s no specific time limit. Unhelpful, but that’s how it is.

Andy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘April 2020 ride’ is closed to new replies.